Effective June 10th, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly when you use the Services. For example, we collect information when you subscribe to our newsletter; participate in questionnaires, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; receive customer or technical support; play our games, provide us feedback or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Services. The categories of information we collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include:
- Contact Data, including and your first and last name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access. In addition, we also collect any profile picture you choose to upload to your account. Please note, uploading a profile picture is optional and not required to use the Services.
- Content, including any content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support) or publicly posted on the Services (such as public forums and your leader board status using a 3-letter designation, where applicable).
- Job Applicant Data, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
You may choose to voluntarily submit certain other information to us through the Services that we do not request. You are solely responsible for your own information in instances where we have not requested that you submit such information to us.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For your information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services. The categories of information we automatically collect, and have collected in the past 12 months, include IP address and other device identifiers, browser type, operating system, domain names, access times, crash reports and logs, and other information about your use of the Services.
This information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device whenever you visit or interact with the Services. The types of tracking technologies that we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files: Log files may record and store events that occur in connection with your use of the Services.
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s device. Like many websites, we employ cookies in certain areas of the Services. Cookies allow us to provide information, to make your online experience more convenient, and to enhance your experience with the Services. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. A user may be able to configure his or her web browsers to accept or reject or delete the cookies, or notify the user when a cookie is being set, as further discussed in “Your Rights and Choices” below.
- Web Beacons: We employ tracking utility software technology called web beacons or clear gifs, that help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s device, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. In short, clear gifs enable two websites to share information with one another. We may incorporate both web beacons and tracking pixels (discussed below) from separate entities that allow us to track our conversions and provide you with additional functionality.
- Tracking Pixel: A tracking “pixel” is a transparent graphic image (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) that is placed on a web page and allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel.
For further information on tracking technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Analytics and Advertising” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information from Other Sources
We collect information about you from other sources. The categories of sources from which we collect information, and have collected from in the past 12 months, include:
- Social networks with which you interact.
- Business Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, facilitate promotions, or engage in joint marketing activities. For example, we collect information such as your hashed player ID when you play our games via partner platforms (such as Steam or PlayStation). You should review the privacy policies and privacy settings of any partner platforms you use for information on their data practices and your choices for managing the information they send to us. We are not responsible for the data practices of our business partners.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- to operate and manage our Services;
- to respond to your requests or send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to the Services and/or any of the Services’ policies, and support administrative messages;
- to prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- to conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- to improve the Services or create new offerings, to customize your experience on the Services, or to serve you specific content that is relevant to you;
- to develop and send you marketing messages including, newsletters, promotions, updates, special offers, and email communications about our products or services (for information about how to manage these communications and marketing efforts, please see “Your Rights and Choices” below);
- for internal business purposes;
- to fulfil any other purpose at your direction;
- with notice to you and your consent; and
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Service Providers. We share information with our service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with operating or hosting the Services, or providing services related to the online components of our games. For example, we may engage service providers to process consumer surveys, fulfill prizes, or to process, analyze, and/or store data, including, but not limited to, analytical data. While providing services for us, these companies may access your information. Service providers are contractually prohibited from using, retaining, or disclosing your information for any other purpose than to provide this assistance and are required to maintain appropriate confidentiality and security measures. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and advertising related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Business Partners. We may provide your information to our platform partners and their affiliates in connection with the online components of our games.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction involving, or during the negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of some or all of IllFonic’s assets or a line of business, user information, including information collected from you through your use of the Services, could be included in the discussions and transferred assets.
- We may share your information with our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service providers for their own internal business purposes.
- Public Forums and Leaderboards. We share information you make public through the Services, such as information in your profile, that you post on public forums through your IllFonic account, and your 3-letter designation in the event you have one of the high scores in an applicable game. We may share your leader status with your “friends” in the game where they appear on the leaderboard. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) jointly sponsored or offered by other parties that requires submitting information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your information may be disclosed to other parties for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Without limiting the foregoing, we may share information that does not identify you (including aggregated information or de-identified information) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OTHER PARTIES
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Services. For example, analytics services may use tracking technologies on our Services to help us analyze your use of the Services, compile statistical reports on the Services’ activity, and provide other services relating to Services activity and Internet usage. Similarly, we may work with advertising services, such as Facebook, to provide you with ads.
For further information on tracking technologies and your choices regarding them, please see “Information We Collect Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most browsers accept cookies by default. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of the Services may not work and that when you revisit the Services your ability to limit browser-based tracking technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what website and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics and Advertising Tracking Technologies
Please note that if you opt out using this method, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. IllFonic is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any entities’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time: (i) as provided in any email to click on the unsubscribe link; or (ii) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to make the requested changes in our active databases as soon as reasonably practical. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from non-promotional emails from us, including messages relating to your account transactions, servicing, or IllFonic’s ongoing business relations.
Unlinking Your Accounts
We are a general audience service and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, please email us at email@example.com. We will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA. We do not knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and registered to use the Services, you can ask us to remove any content or information you have posted on the Services. To make a request, email us at the email address set out in “Questions? Contact Us” section with “California Under 18 Content Removal Request” in the subject line, and tell us what you want removed. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view, although we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of the content and may retain the content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE TAKE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The information that you provide to us is stored on servers that are located in secured facilities and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the Services.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know and delete, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including first name, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address).
- Commercial or transactions information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement.
- Employment and education information.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information We Collect” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section.
We do not “sell” information as defined by the CCPA.
Right to Know and Delete
You have the right to know certain details about our data practices in the past 12 months. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
In addition, you have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
We acknowledge that you may have rights under the CCPA in connection with the personal information we process on behalf of our business partners (such as Valve or Sony). If personal information about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a business partner and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal information, please inquire with our business partner directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our partner on whose behalf we processed your personal information. We will refer your request to that partner, and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
If you would like to make a request to know or delete with Sony, please contact them directly by visiting http://support.playstation.com/ccpa, or calling their Consumer Services toll-free at 1-800-345-7669.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
Shine the Light
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclose such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR DATA SUBJECTS IN EUROPE
Data protection laws in Europe distinguish between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). IllFonic acts as a controller with respect to personal data collected as you interact with our websites, emails, and advertisements. In some instances, IllFonic acts as a processor on behalf of a business partner (such as Valve or Sony), which is the controller. Any questions that you have relating to the processing of personal data by IllFonic as a processor should be directed to the relevant business partner.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Data protection laws in Europe require a “lawful basis” for processing personal data. Our lawful bases include where: (a) you have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes, either to us or to our service providers or business partners; (b) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; (c) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (d) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests. Where applicable, we will transfer your personal data to third countries subject to appropriate or suitable safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses.
Your Data Subject Rights
You have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section above and specify which right you are seeking to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. If personal data about you has been processed by us as a processor on behalf of a business partner and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal data, please inquire with our business partner directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our business partner on whose behalf we processed your personal data. We will refer your request to that business partner, and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
Please note that we retain information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you may contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Effective: June 10th, 2021
IllFonic Terms of Service and License Agreement
IF YOU LIVE IN (OR YOUR PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS IS IN) THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE READ THE BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN SECTION 9. IT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED BETWEEN YOU AND ILLFONIC (AND ITS CURRENT OR FORMER AFFILIATES, PARENTS, OR SUBSIDIARIES), AND INFORMS YOU OF YOUR OPT-OUT RIGHTS.
These terms (“Terms”) cover the use of those IllFonic, LLC, including any of its current or former affiliates, including parents or subsidiaries, and any predecessor or successor entity to any of the foregoing (collectively, “IllFonic,” “we,” “us,” and ”our”), consumer products, software, games, websites, and services listed at the end of these Terms (the “Services”). You accept these Terms by creating an account for IllFonic or any of the Services (“Account”), through your download and/or use of the Services (as applicable), or by continuing to use the Services after being notified of a change to these Terms.
- About These Terms.
- To accept these Terms and create an account for IllFonic or any of the Services, or download and/or use any of the Services (as applicable), you must be at least 13 years of age. You are legally and financially responsible for all actions using or accessing the Services, including the actions of anyone you allow to access your Account.
If you are younger than 13, your parent or legal guardian must create an Account for you and agree to these Terms in order for you to use the Services. Before you begin to use the Services, ask your parent or guardian to explain these Terms to you.
- We may also provide access (paid or unpaid) to content, software, products, or services offered by companies or entities other than IllFonic (“Third-Party Services”). When you use the Services to access Third-Party Services, the applicable provisions of these Terms and any applicable usage terms associated with the Third-Party Services will govern your use of that Third-Party Service. IllFonic does not endorse Third-Party Services promoted or marketed on or through the Services. Our Services may also help you find, make requests to, or interact with Third-Party Services or allow you to share your information and UGC (defined below), and you understand that by using our Services you are directing them to make Third-Party Services available to you. Any third-party terms do not modify any of these Terms. You are responsible for your dealings with third parties. IllFonic does not license any intellectual property to you as part of any Third-Party Services and is not responsible or liable to you or others for information or services provided by any Third-Party Services.
- We may change these Terms at any time, and we will provide notice when we update them. If you download and/or use the Services (as applicable) after the changes become effective then you agree to the new terms. If you don’t agree to the new terms, you must stop using the Services, close your Account and, if you are a parent or guardian, help your minor child close their Account.
- Account Activation.
- You can create an Account by signing up online and completing the IllFonic registration process. All information provided during Account creation must be accurate. We reserve the right to terminate any Account that uses or was created using false information, or that we determine was created for a purpose that violates these Terms.
- You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by IllFonic. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login and password and for the security of your devices. IllFonic is not responsible for the use of your password and Account or for all of the communication and activity on the Services that results from use of your login name and password by you, or by any person to whom you may have disclosed your login and/or password in violation of this confidentiality provision, regardless of whether such disclosure was intentional or negligent.
- Your Account, including any information pertaining to it (including contact information, Account history, etc.), is strictly personal. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any products or offers on the Services other than if and as expressly permitted by these Terms or as otherwise specifically permitted by IllFonic.
- If we believe your Account has been compromised, we may take actions to protect you and IllFonic. Such actions may include resetting Account passwords; canceling, suspending, or restricting Account activities or access. We may also upload updates to your devices to stop unauthorized use of your Account or prevent devices from connecting to the Services.
- IllFonic has the right to deny the creation of any Account, for any reason, in its sole discretion.
- Your Information and User Generated Content.
- Our Services may enable you or others to create, store or share content, including your communications with others, your postings submitted to IllFonic via the Services, the files, photos, documents, audio, digital works, non-fungible tokens, livestreams, videos, gameplay, game-related information and other materials created by you and/or others and uploaded, stored, broadcasted or shared through the Services or Third-Party Services (“UGC”). We don’t claim ownership of any UGC, and you are responsible for your UGC.
- When you share your UGC with other people, you understand that they may be able to, on a worldwide basis, use, save, record, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, share and display your UGC for the purpose that you made your UGC available, whether on the Services or otherwise, without compensating you. If you do not want others to have that ability, do not use the Services to create or share your UGC. You represent and warrant that for the duration of these Terms, you have (and will have) all the rights necessary for your UGC that uses or incorporates any aspect of the Services, is uploaded, stored, or shared on or through the Services, and that the collection, use, and retention of your UGC will not violate any law or rights of others. IllFonic shall not be held responsible for your UGC or the UGC material others create, upload, store or share using the Services.
- When you create or share your UGC using the Services to make it available to other users and/or to IllFonic, you grant IllFonic the worldwide, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, transcode, translate, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and publicly perform, your UGC, and derivative works of your UGC, for the purpose of the operation, distribution, promotion, and incorporation as part of the Services, other IllFonic products and services, and IllFonic’s internal and business needs. This license is granted to IllFonic as the UGC is created or shared using the Services for the entire duration of the intellectual property rights.
- We reserve the right to suppress, block, hide, remove, or delete any or all UGC at our discretion, and to report any illegal UGC and related user information to the appropriate authorities.
- If you provide IllFonic with any feedback or suggestions about the Services, or any IllFonic products or offerings, IllFonic is free to use the feedback or suggestions however it chooses, without any obligation to account to you.
- Code of Conduct.
- We strive to create a community that is safe and fun for everyone. While our games may test your skills to vanquish enemies, we need your help to ensure that our social gaming experiences are inclusive and respectful for all players.
- You agree, by using the Services:
- you will only use the Services for lawful purposes for your own personal, non-commercial use, and you will not use the Services to violate any applicable laws;
- you will not use or attempt to use another’s account without their specific permission;
- you will not use the Services in connection with activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments, seeking account information, and buying or selling accounts or personal information);
- you will not use the Services to send email to distribution lists, solicitations, spam, advertisements, or engage in phishing or other activities in order to fraudulently gather addresses, personal or sensitive information, or to gain access to such information for commercial and/or financial benefit;
- you will not automate access to or monitor the Services, such as with a web crawler, browser plug-in or add-on, or other computer program that is not a web browser;
- you will not falsely imply that you are affiliated with or endorsed by IllFonic;
- you will not post, upload, create, or transmit materials in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted materials), and you will not remove any marks showing proprietary ownership from materials you access or download from the Services;
- you may not show any part of the Services on other websites with